The Foundation will use a grant process that carefully considers the purpose, scope, and educational impact of each proposal.
What form will grants take?
The Hermiston Education Foundation will support one level of classroom grants: Basic Grants.
The Basic Grant level will be less than $1,000. Two determining factors in awarding grants will be the project's ability to provide significant enhancement to children's education and to what extent the project supports improvement goals.
When will grants be funded?
Completed grants are accepted twice a year. The application is available online and also at each school. Grant applications for the current cycle are due to Briana Cortaberria at the District Office by April 4th, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Instructions to complete and submit the application electronically:
- Download the Application Here (MS Word Format) - Right click and choose "Save As"
- Complete the application on your computer.
- To submit, email the completed application as an attachment to email@example.com
How will the Foundation support the District?
The Foundation will fund projects that:
- Enhance the education of all children.
- Correspond to a specific teaching area.
- Impact a large number of children, such as a classroom.
- Address the district vision, along with the academic goals of each school.